breath," Wenger said
Views 33
Replies 0
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SAO PAULO - A Brazilian court has given a British executive charged in an alleged World Cup ticket-scalping scheme permission to leave the country for as long as three months.Attorneys for Ray Whelan said Wednesday they had asked for the ruling in case he needs to take care of personal or professional matters. But they say he has no intention of leaving for now.The courts press office said it could not provide details because the case falls under secrecy laws.Whelan is charged with providing tickets to Algerian businessman Mohamadou Lamine Fofana. The two men were arrested in July and released a month later to await trial in freedom.Whelan worked for the MATCH group, which owned rights to sell World Cup hospitality packages. The company has denied any wrongdoing by Whelan.The company did acknowledge that Whelan and Fofana discussed cash sales of final tickets for $25,000 in telephone calls wiretapped by Rio de Janeiro police — but said they were packages that included not just tickets but VIP services, hence the high price.Fofana was also given permission to leave Brazil for three months.Calls to Fofanas attorney, Lilian Rosemary Weeks, went unanswered. However, O Globo newspaper quoted her as saying that as soon as the authorities return his passport, he plans to travel to France to visit his sick mother, and then to the United States and Dubai where he has business interests. Air Max 90 Outlet Italia .  Almost 40 years to the day, the two teams will meet again, this time at BC Place, to celebrate the past and try to earn important points for the present. Vans Scarpe Italia . "I was so nervous," Hadley said Sunday after winning the Puerto Rico Open for his first PGA Tour victory. "I did not eat well last night. http://www.scontateoutletairmax.it/jordan-1-italia.html. Tristan Jackson returned a missed field goal 129 yards early in the fourth quarter as the Roughriders beat the B.C. Yeezy Boost 350 v2 Outlet Italia . Williams withdrawal came less than 24 hours after losing in the final Auckland WTA tournament final. "I dont believe she has an injury," Hobart tournament director Mark Handley said. Air Max 90 Prezzo Basso . Tyrell appeared in seven games with the Lightning this year, he had no points in those appearances. The 24-year-old has seven goals and 17 assists in 132 career NHL games, all coming with the Lightning. He was selected in the second round, 47th overall, of the 2007 draft.MONTREAL -- Young fullback Karl Ouimettes first Major League Soccer goal was the stuff of dreams. The 21-year-old headed in the game winner in the 84th minute to cap a comeback 2-1 victory over the Philadelphia Union on Saturday afternoon that put the Montreal Impact a big step closer to making the playoffs. The Impact academy product from Repentigny, Que., said he lay in bed the night before the game visualizing how he should play in various situations and what it would feel like to get a goal. It came true on Justin Mapps free kick after a foul by the Unions Raymon Gaddis. Mapp curled a ball into the penalty area where three Impact players were open. Ouimette was the one to nod it home. "It felt magical," said Ouimette, who was awarded with a post game face full of shaving cream by his teammates. "There are no words. I put it in and everyone was jumping on me." The win put Montreal (14-12-7) solidly into playoff position heading into their final regular season game next Saturday in Toronto, although final positions among the top five in the Eastern Conference are still to be determined. The Union (12-11-10), who began the day in a fourth-place tie with Montreal and Chicago, saw their post-season hopes all-but dashed. "This was a playoff game without the playoffs," said Philadelphia coach John Hackworth. "Both of us had to win. We did a good job in the first half, but we couldnt finish it off." The victory lifted a great weight off a Montreal side that had gone winless in six games and that was shut out in the last three. They looked headed for more disappointment when midfielder Fabinho put the visitors ahead in the 29th minute, but veteran Marco Di Vaio scored his 20th goal of the season in the 64th minute to tie the game before Ouimette had the Saputo Stadium crowd on its feet with the game-winner. "Its not finished yet, but given our last string of games and a lot of disappointment, to come out on top in the last home game of the regular season feels good," said Mapp. "Every team Ive been on has had stretches like this, but unfortunately, it came at the end of the season when were trying to lock up a playoff spot. "Its a big three points here, but weve got onee other huge game, so its not over yet.ddddddddddddquot; After a flat first half, the Impact played with an intensity they havent shown in more than a month. They used their legs. They won one-on-one battles. They got to balls first. Coach Marco Schallibaum took veterans Patrice Bernier and Davy Arnaud out and sent in Andrew Wenger and Andrea Pisanu to add fresh legs and the pressure increased. "We came out much different in the second half," said Wenger. "There was desperation. "We dug ourselves out." Before he was substituted, Arnaud fed Di Vaio in the penalty area and saw the MLS scoring leader spin and beat goalie Zac MacMath. It ended the Impacts 337-minute scoring drought dating to a Maxim Tissot goal in a 2-2 tie in Chicago on Sept. 28. And it made Di Vaio only the 11th in MLS history to score 20 in a season. "It gave us 30 seconds to breath," Wenger said of the goal. "But a tie wouldnt do it for us today. "Thankfully, we kept fighting." Conor Casey nearly got one for the Union as he headed Fabinhos corner off a post in the 24th minute. Then Philadelphias two Brazilians combined as Jose Kleberson sent a pass to a charging Fabinho, who caught Hassoun Camara looking as he blasted a high shot in from a bad angle in the 29th. The only disappointment for Montreal was to see veteran defender Alessandro Nesta hobble off the field in the closing minutes with a right calf injury. Before the game, the former Italy international was presented with a painting and given a standing ovation to mark his final home game. The 37-year-old former AC Milan great, a four-time UEFA all-star, will retire after this season. He hopes to be back in time to play at least one game. "My calf, in the last five minutes I felt something," he said. "If I can play, for sure Im going to be on the field. "It was a beautiful day. Thank you everybody for the big experience. I love this city. I dont know. Maybe in the future well meet again." Notes: Arnaud and Matteo Ferrari returned from one-game suspensions. Ouimette played left back in place of Job Brovsky (ankle). . . One of the Unions top midfielders, Michael Farfan, sat out due to yellow card accumulation. ' ' '